Hearing Facts | Hearing Loss Info
- 95 percent of all hearing disorders in adults cannot be medically or surgically corrected. Drs. Marilyn and Richard Gresham have the credentials to evaluate and determine the type and appropriate treatments for your hearing loss.
- Hearing loss is the third most chronic ailment affecting those over 65. Approximately 30 percent of adults over 65 years of age experience some type of hearing loss.
- Hearing loss is not confined to the elderly. The majority ( 65 percent) of people with hearing loss is below the retirement age; 15 percent of “baby-boomers” (ages 45-64) have hearing loss.
- Over 31,500,000 Americans suffer from hearing loss-That means 1 out of ten Americans!
- At least 1,4000,000 children (18 or younger) have hearing problems. It is estimated that 3 in 1000 infants are born with serious-to-profound hearing loss. Our doctors provide hearing care to the majority of all children in the surrounding six counties in northwest Alabama.
- The National Council on Aging (NCOA) conducted a study on hearing aid users and concluded that 75 percent reported an improvement in relationships and overall quality of living while 67 percent reported an improved self-image.